Saturday, April 20, 2013

Product Review-Tags from Very Vintage


Nearly everyone would agree that having a tag on your dog's collar is an essential component of being a responsible owner.  Too often a dog can slip its leash or squeeze through a gap in a fence and find itself lost.  Not long ago I found a grey male poodle in my yard:

  His extremely unkempt appearance led me to believe he was a throw away but if he did have an owner it was impossible to tell, while he had a harness on there were no tags attached.  Luckily the story has a happy ending due to the dogs friendly demeanor and the fact that there is a wait list for small breeds at the local shelter he quickly found a new home.

The experience underscored the importance of tags to me though, all of my dogs have multiple collars and I make sure to have tags on each one.  As I have written before I really like Fetching Pet Tags  .  They are high quality and the opportunity to create custom engravings of fun sayings is lots of fun, unfortunately they are also a bit pricey, particularly if your dog or dogs have multiple collars.  Not wanting to forgo doggie fashion, I'd never be content with a plain old pet smart tag, I found Very Vintage  on Etsy.   They offer charming, and affordable pet tags, in a variety of styles.  I got a luck penny tag for Weasley and an Old English carved circular tag for Tubby.




The tags arrived quickly and are beautiful and functional (the number is is on the back of Weasley's).  I particularly like that they are nice and light weight for small dogs.  





As far as were concerned this is definitely a four paw product!




 

16 comments:

  1. Love those tags. Glad the little doggy found a new forever home. We have tags and are chipped too. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! My dog is chipped, too, but it certainly makes things a lot simpler when there is a tag with all the current info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! The perfect size too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review of some cute dog tags! Our pack wears tags 24/7 and all are microchipped. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great!! I always find it fascinating when folks find dogs in their yards. Glad it ended well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tags look real nice. I have a tag a chip and another tag that can be scanned by a smart phone and it will give someone all my info and how to find my MOM.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right they have some really cute and unique tags for really reasonable prices...Thanks for showing me their store

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage tags!
    So pleased your little friend found a good home.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very annoying to find a dog wearing a collar and no tags.

    You find the neatest things

    ReplyDelete
  10. These tags are very cute. I love the penny tag very much :-)
    Glad the poodle found forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOh mom just spent some time looking at the nice collars too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tags, Mollie has one but only with our address and phone number, not her name, because if someone tried to keep her.. xxooxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Weasley's old penny tag. Any chance they do a gold sovereign one?
    Because I'm worth it.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie (never one to suffer from low self-esteem).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your tags. I'm new to Etsy but there's some great stuff on there

    ReplyDelete
  15. The importance of tags cannot be stressed enough. I once found two labs with leashes running near a busy road, had they not had their tags on I would have had to call animal control. Luckily their tags had a number and within five minutes they were reunited with their owner.

    cool tags. ;-)

    ReplyDelete