Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Mischief-Concerning Hobbits and Pugs

Forget the olympics, the US presidential election, the supposed doom predicted by  the Mayan calendar, the biggest event of 2012 for fantasy nerds comes on Friday December, 14.  The premier of part 1 of The Hobbit: An Unexpected journey.


Now finally the void left since The Return of the King can be filled, because there is nothing like a Hobbit, and of course sadly in the real world they do not exist (according to the books they were driven away by the big folk).  Take heart though, there seem to be some interesting parallels between Hobbits and Pugs.



  


If you don't believe me take a look at this dialogue taken from the extended addition of The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring (I have highlighted the pug pertinent parts and supplied pictorial evidence)


Exhibit B- This picture documents a day that the Urban Hounds dad played a mean trick on the pugs.  Tubby, Ping, and Weasley wandered into Weasley's play pen in search of srtray bit of kibble, Dad then closed the door and they became a bit confused.  A few seconds later when he re-opened the door they could not figure out how to get out and had to be picked up out of the pen.



 (Of course a pugs natural cleverness comes out when manipulating a human who loves them, much like the wisdom of a Hobbit under duress. Also not great warriors, they definitely prefer a snuggle to a tussle)

Exhibit C-A Pug Besotted Human




BILBO: In fact, it has been remarked by some that Hobbits’ only real passion is for food.

Exhibit D: Three hungry pugs sharing a pupsickle





A rather unfair observation.
 As we have also developed a keen interest in the brewing of ales and the smoking of pipeweed.  But where our hearts truly lie  is in peace and quiet
Exhibit E: Pugs appreciating peace and quiet


 
and good tilled earth.  For all Hobbits share a love of all things that grow.

Exhibit F: A pug demonstrating a love of things that grow

And yes, no doubt to others, our ways seem quaint.  But today of all days, it is brought home to me it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life. 


Exhibit G: Pugs appreciating the simple life
We hope you enjoy the movie if you do go and see it, or even better read the book.   Happy Hobbiting!


22 comments:

  1. I think you're on to something! Can't wait to hear what you think of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hobbiting to you all. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you were able to catch such strong resemblances. LOL. Dad played a mean trick but I couldn't help but laugh about it.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncanny the similarities! LOL! We want to see the Hobbit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree..I agree...we had a good laugh..even about the playpen although that wasn't funny...those were great pictures...sometimes when mom is being mean she tell my skinny dad he looks like that smelgal (?) guy on there...dad does not appreciate that one bit!!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have read the Hobbit 10 times as a teenager. Loved that book! I am sure the movie will be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're title had me so intrigued. :-) I've ordered my tickets ages ago, the confirmation number is taped right to my computer monitor. My only regret is I haven't time to find a cloak. If only I had a cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woof! Woof! You guys are on to something ... good. Happy MM. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, who wouldn't be besotted with you gorgeous little kids!
    Have fun watching the film, our human brothers are going to see it too.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weasley, my appologies to your Mum, this post was quite interesting and my Mom enjoyed it but...I can't quit looking at your picture and
    All I want to know is...

    Will you meet me under the mistletoe???

    Love,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay. I couldn't get past the part about the film opening on the 14th. Really? I thought it was opening on the 21st. It looks like I'll be changing my plans for this weekend.

    dogtreatweb dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see the movie! Been looking forward to it too!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  13. My peeps are excited about it, too! Happy hobbiting!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Urban Hounds, Jet here. Hi Miss Kate.

    Uh, Miss Kate? While Mom said she read the Hobbit as a young girl and LOVED it... we here @ Casa Jet believe that the most special thing about 12/14/12 is the celebration of JJ's 1 year Gotcha Day!

    We all appreciated your pug/hobbit parallels... you're soooo smart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We think the movie will be such a good one.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. The movie sounds exciting!
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm watching that movie, and I'm going to watch Harry Potter over Christmas, you got me going last time :) Love your little outfits guy's, sharing a popsickle, I don't think that would be me..BOL Have a great day xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Hobbiting!!! It does sound exciting! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  19. did you see it yet? we finally did last night and i really liked it! i read the books a bunch of times, but it has been a while so i'm not sure how true it all was. i hope you will write a review or something like that! there was a preview for a new computer animated movie before it that had a pug in it! a pug always makes the movie experience a little more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete