Monday, April 8, 2013

Simple Projects-Twin Peaks Coffee Cozy



Tubby and Ping model their Twin Peaks shirts from Cafe Press, once again they are victims of my fandom.

Did you know that  April 8, is Twin Peaks. Day, the 23rd anniversary of the premier of what was perhaps the weirdest (and  in my opinion most wonderful)  show that was ever on TV.   I was too young to appreciate the show when it was first on but thanks to Netflix I have become a loyal fan of the reruns, and am eternally depressed that there are only two seasons.  The show had everything:

Style:
Image Source

Music
Mystery 



The Log Lady
Pie

Donuts
Image Source

And coffee
Image Source

To celebrate the anniversary of my beloved show I made a Twin Peaks coffee cozy and it couldn't have been easier.  I used the magic loop method to knit the coffee cozy but you could also use double points or crochet.  The whole project didn't take you much more then an hour from start to finish, just long enough to watch an episode or two of the show.

Twin Peaks Coffee Cozy




Select a pattern you like for a coffee cozy.  Ravelry has some good options for both knitted and crochet cozies and most can be made in under an hour.  I particularly like this pattern because it can be adapted a number of ways.


Once you have knitted your cozy cut a small rectangle of black felt that fits nicely on the cozy.   Use a white fabric  pen to mark the saying of your choice (I wrote Black as Midnight, because its how I like my coffee and its my favorite coffee related line from the show,   but of course you could write anything: a line from a favorite movie or show or your name or a quote from a favorite writer.) Using an embroidery needle and thread embroider over your writing and then stitch the felt square to the coffee cozy.  Voila you are done! 





Here is a video montage of Twin Peaks characters appreciating their favorite beverage (towards the end you can see Agent Cooper use "the black as midnight on a moonless night" line that I love so much, if your like me you'll never go back to coffee with cream again:









21 comments:

  1. OK, you've brought me out of the closet today...About two weeks ago I did a Twin Peaks Marathon on Roku/Amazon Prime...Ran through the whole series in less than a week (a few too many late nights there) and left with a craving for coffee, donuts and "Fire Walk With me" (which is not on Prime)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. i would like a cookie and some coffee
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a terrific Twin Peaks Tuesday. We never got into it but many loved it.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really are a Twin Peaks fan! LOL! I've never seen the show myself.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea, I love it for cold mornings or super hot Starbucks coffee. I confess - I love my coffee with French Vanilla Soy Creamer from Silk. But the very BEST coffee is camping coffee, made with the French Press (our everyday coffee is drip). Not getting a Keurig in spite of the cool factor because we drink too much coffee so it would cost a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi kate!

    oh it is wonderful!
    I love your coffee cozy!

    what a great way to start the day a hug + coffee and a hug for your coffee! :)

    xoxoxo
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never watched it before but between you and Gizmo,gonna now have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to revisit Twin Peaks. My daughter loves it. I watched it when it was first on and remember thinking it was really cool, but I was a new mother, so I can't remember anything about it (ha).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Twin Peaks!! Best show. I like the cozy very much, but I don't knit or crochet. )-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never watched twin picks, I know your going to say, you don't know what ya missing..LOL Will have to try and get a copy to watch :) xxooxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh cool! I must try and find a copy of that to watch! The pugs look so cute in their tops - what is it about pugs and dressing up? Haha!
    Pippa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We never watched...but am now intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never watched either, but any handknit is good with me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cafe Press is dangerous.

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woof! Woof! LOVE the cozy. That's great. Happy Tasty Tuesday! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have GOT to watch that show! i have a feeling i will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is that a Starbucks customizable tumbler you got there? :)

    The pugs are looking adorable as usual in their Twin Peaks swag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwww Ping and Tubby looking cute as ever in thier matching Twin Peaks tops! Soooooooo cute! You know I'm totally in love your my fellow puggys! Love and licks from Frank the Tank xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete