Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tasty TuesdayBurger Bash! Turkery Burger Hash.

 Try saying our post title three times fast, we dare ya'
Anyway summer time is burger time.  We've all seen the humans fire up those grills--

http://www.thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/iStock_000003467017XSmall.jpg

 and then leave us out!  Sheesh! So we made momma promise that before the end of the summer we would have us some burgers.   Now, she did kind of screw up this recipe by not forming our burgers perfectly (probably she should have chilled them) but we didn't complain.  Just call it turkey burger hash.

Come on make with those burgers, mom!


  Turkey Burger Hash (a good kibble topper)

 1 1lb ground turkey
1/2 a can of diced tomatoes
1/4 ounce cheddar cheese, diced

Stir the turkey and the tomatoes together and mix well.  Form the meat into small meat balls and flatten.   Place a piece of cheese in the center and cover with the remaining meat.  Flatten again into a burger shape.   If your want your burgers to look like burgers, rather then messy burger hash scramble (which tastes just as good by the way), chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes.   Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and cook through about 8 minutes per side.  Serve as a kibble topper. 


Of course the peeps must have burgers too.  Mom and Dad like lamb.  Their favorite lamb burger recipe is from Food 52 and its super duper easy.  The yogurt topping would be good with veggie burgers and turkey burgers too, and its very good with chips!

Lamb Burgers with Cilantro Yogurt


1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
2 minced garlic cloves
1 bunch cilantro, minced
salt to taste
2 lbs ground lamb
Burger rolls, onion brioche rolls

Combine the yogurt with garlic, cilantro, and salt.  Set aside.

Season lamb with salt and pepper and form into burger patties.  Chill 30 minutes.  Grill until cooked through.


12 comments:

  1. I twied, weely I did, but my tongue got tied in a knot, hehehe
    That wecipe sounds scwumpshuss, shoowe makes me wish we had a gwill, ow a tewwace ow something, i'm dwooling hewe
    I hope all of you got plenty of those yummews
    Glad you liked my widing entwy..got pwetty hungwy and thiwsty aftew all those eventses
    Smoochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried too and failed. Yummy yummy yummy food for your tummy. I now drooling all over the keyboard. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope me nor my mom could say it either....I know I am always raving on here about how creative your mom cooks for you, I think Mom is starting to get the message. So last night she grilled chicken breast for her and dad and she cooked one for us ...she chopped it up and added it to our kibble with green beans...yummy!!!
    Have a great one
    Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Urban Hounds, Jet here. Hi Miss Kate.

    Burgers... dreaming about burgers... ahhhhhh... burgers...hashed or whole... burgers... bliss!

    Mom likes the Greek lamb burgers, too... except, she would sub parsley for the cilantro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wants a lamb burger!! Oh and mama do too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lamb & Cilantro burgers sound heavenly. I am a big fan of lamb, as is the Felix and even the Mama too.I think we'll try these this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That food looks devine! I got tongue tied just reading the title once. BOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee! I'm not even going to try and say that one fast! You guys are some very lucky pups! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD - I'm drooling over the thought of lamb burgers :)
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sniff, sniff, sniff....I smell BURGERS! I'm on my way. I LOVE burgers. Those I do still eat ;)

    Emma

    ReplyDelete