|Ping dressed up in her Native American dress for Thanksgiving, taken three years ago|
Here is our list of things we are Thankful for
1) Our home. Even if its small with a tiny yard and not in the best neighborhood, at least we have one. Especially at a time when the economic troubles have caused so many pets to loose their homes.
2) Norbert surviving bloat and having a remarkable recovery after major abdominal surgery. His Doctor's said he bounced back amazingly quickly for a dog his age (9). He was his old self a week later.
3) Embrace Pet Insurance. If only we were all young enough to be insured unfortunately only Norbert, Bob, and Scooter made the cut off. Insurance makes such a difference and mom says every future pet is going to be insured from day one.
4) Dr. Z's Basal Cell Tumor Turning Out to be Nothing-Though we sort of which we had not spent 900 dollars to find out she basically had a bad scabby scrape on her leg!
5) Baby Cat still healthy at eleven years old, not so old for a cat but consider the medical crises she has survived: pneumonia (twice), several extremely bad eye infections, going missing in Bay Ridge brooklyn for a week after she opened a window screen and escaped from our basement apartment, a full body infection bad enough to cause seizures (something she caught during her grand escape), and fatty liver that lead to near liver failure. Today she is chubby and happy and her liver is functioning normally. I am counting that as 6 out of nine lives so hopefully she has many, many years to go.
6) Tubby is Cancer Free-Its been nearly a year since Tubby had a grade 2 mast cell tumor removed from his abdomen and no recurrences (cross fingers). He is doing great.
7) The Animal Medical Center in Manhattan-They saved Norbert's life and are at the fore front of Veterinary Medicine in ever area. The Doctor's in their oncology department train with Doctors at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center where Dad works as a post doctoral researcher.
8) Etsy-Where mom can buy us lots of adorable hand made gifts, yeah Christmas from wonderful sellers like: Pug Notes, Bean Town, Pecan Pie Puppies, and many more.
9) Olive Green Dog-Where mom can order our supplements and toys and no everything is safe and all natural.
10) Blogger and all of Our Dog Blog Friends! Now mom can write endlessly about us and there are people out there who equally obsessed!
And one bonus Thanks: We are grateful for post Turkey Naps!
|Thanksgiving three years ago, Norbert was likely napping in another room|
We will take our naps this year after eating our yummy meal , visiting with Grandpa (who is driving down from Saratoga Springs to see us) and watching one of Mom and Dad's favorite shows on our Roku, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, which premiered on Thanksgiving in 1988 and in mom's opinion never stops being funny. A perfect Thanksgiving, we hope yours is just as wonderful!