|Z on her Dad's lap (center) on Christmas in her bobble sweater from Archie's Mom Melissa|
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Dr. Z Update
Zira is not doing well so far. She perked up after she got the initial meds and oxygen at the vet yesterday, but this morning she had another bad attack, even after the meds. She is at the vet now for her EKG and bloodwork. The vet has told me that in some dogs with sudden onset congestive heart failure it is not possible to stabilize the condition. When she saw Zira she was very unhappy with how she looked and felt she has not responded to the meds. In addition Dr. Z has several other conditions going on (kidney issues which she has had for several years, thyroid issues, and now possible Cushings disease). I trust my vet to help me make the right decision and while I want to stick by Z, I don't want her to suffer. I am facing a tough decision in the next few days, unless we can somehow increase the meds and see an improvement. Please keep Z in your thoughts.