Friday, March 30, 2012

For Payton

We are sorrier then words can say for the loss of Payton

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjViaSwypHgiSQLy9EqjWlXF-Q7JYt3Y0zUbqGmwoM22JniPZ0mtE65fcOXSCAToPFsxfvGnXEw_S-BBKcPLVgtA3XvQM3xrIfk5N0aVZC_9Kz1HkC8mLL-jzXyHQuC8f4welClKwunJQc/s1600/IMG_1675.JPG

 Her mom and dad where the best of pet parents and loved her dearly. 


The House Dog's Grave

      I've changed my ways a little; 
      I cannot now Run with you in the evenings along the shore, 
      Except in a kind of dream; 
      and you, if you dream a moment, You see me there. 
       
       So leave awhile the paw-marks on the front door 
      Where I used to scratch to go out or in, 
      And you'd soon open; leave on the kitchen floor 
      The marks of my drinking-pan. 
       
      I cannot lie by your fire as I used to do 
      On the warm stone,
       Nor at the foot of your bed;
       no, all the night through I lie alone. 
       
      But your kind thought has laid me less than six feet 
      Outside your window where firelight so often plays, 
      And where you sit to read--and I fear often grieving for me--
       Every night your lamplight lies on my place. 
       
      You, man and woman, live so long, it is hard 
      To think of you ever dying 
      A little dog would get tired, living so long. 
      I hope than when you are lying
       Under the ground like me your lives will appear 
      As good and joyful as mine. 
      No, dear, that's too much hope: you are not so well cared for 
      As I have been. 
       And never have known the passionate undivided 
      Fidelities that I knew.
        Your minds are perhaps too active, too many-sided. . . . 
      But to me you were true. 
       
      You were never masters, but friends. I was your friend. 
      I loved you well, and was loved. 
      Deep love endures 
      To the end and far past the end. 
      If this is my end, 
      I am not lonely. 
      I am not afraid. 
      I am still yours. Robinson Jeffers, 1941

 

10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Peyton. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. R.I.P. Peyton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Payton. Run free, dear Payton.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect memorial to Payton. I'm sure Dr. Zira met her at the Bridge with open paws. May they always run free just like they were meant to do.

    Tiffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. We are keeping everyone in our thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this sad news about your friend Payton. Sending prayers and warm thoughts to her mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tribute is beautiful. I could hardly read through the years.
    Payton is in the arms of the angels.. and will live in our hearts forever.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl ...

    We never got to meet Miss Payton or her pawrents or grandpawrents but we know she was loved by many and will be missed.

    Mama said enough already ... first Dr. Zira, then Yoda and now Payton. March was not a good month in blogville!

    Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tribute. I hope all the good memories of Payton are a comfort to those who knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never read that poem. That was as dear as dear can be and I am so sorry for the passing of Payton...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a heart felt poem. So sorry for the loss of Payton.

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete