Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Mischief-He'll Take Manhattan!

Weasley here----Sometimes its hard being a puppy.   I'm not supposed to go out for walks until all my puppy shots are done, something about me getting icky diseases.   Yet I'm bursting with energy that barking at Norber'ts butt, biting ankles, and chasing squeaky toys sometimes can't satisfy.   


Plus some guy named Dr. Ian Dunbar says I need to meet like a bazillion friendly people a before I'm four months old in order to be: SOCIALIZED.

I'm all for the socialization thing if it means trips and treats and pets, fun.   So mom and dad promised to take me to a nice outdoor cafe for dinner Saturday night.  I was all excited, mom had packed a treat bag and my chew bone and Tubby had told me that when eating with the peeps you often get to snag a bit of their noms.  So I'm all psyched, and then disaster....Epic rain, buckets full.   So no outing.   I had to spend the evening being chased around the living room by Daddy while I tried to eat a plastic bag.

Anyway--the next morning I woke up and more rain, so I was pretty worried.  But thank goodness the sun came out!  and mom and dad took me to Manhattan.  I rode in my Outward Hound bag on the Path Train and I was pretty calm:





Mom and Dad figured my cuteness would attract many eager puppy socializers and it did!  Our first stop was the shoe store Tree Torn. 


 Its been raining so much that mom bought some cute red rain boots 




http://www.ilovecomfortshoes.net/static/products/tretorn-kids-jolly-winter-pre-shoes-5343.jpg
 which she is very eager to wear, so of course that means it will stop raining.  While we where in the store at least four people came over to pet me and compliment my cuteness, plus two people came out of the Doc Marten's store next store.


After the shoe store mom and dad wanted to take me to a pet store and on the way they stopped at Jacques Torres Chocolate.  I read the cartoon on the window from The City Sweet Tooth detailing all the delicious treats the shop had.




 When Dad went on I was pretty excited, mudslide cookies sound cool, but major dissapointment he just came out with frozen hot chocoaltes for him and mom and nothing for me.  Something about chocolate being poisionous for dogs, sheesh.

Thankfully, our next stop was much better.  We went to Zoomies NYC 
 a doggie boutique with a biscuit bar! 

 Mom and Dad even bought me a toy, a New York taxi.   Unfortunately, they didn't see the price and it was 16 bucks!  Which is more then they really wanted to pay for a squeeky Taxi when I already have about a billion toys at home.  I'm completely worth it though and I proved it by posing cutely with the bag on the bench outside the store.


Mom and Dad where happy to see that I seem to enjoy playing with the Taxi


Its the perfect souvenir of my first Manhattan adventure.

12 comments:

  1. Yay Weasley!! What a big outing you had with your Momma and Dad! You scored big too with that new taxi and I hope you got some of those yummy looking biscuits! I know you probably took some home to share too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you a stuffie? What a big shopping day for a little squirt..ADORABLE
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weasley - I'm impressed that at such a young age, you can read cartoons on windows!!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weasley, you are too cute! And look at you, you've already been on the PATH to the city :) I'm also a great big fan of public transportation! We make everybody's day brighter and better when we ride on trains and buses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Woof! COOL! There's really no COOL doggie boutiques around here. LOVE it! happy Monday Mischief. Lots of Golden ALOHA n Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of your local doggie boutique! You're lucky to have so many places to visit and get SOCIALIZED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Y'all,

    How y'all doin'? Just stoppin' by for a visit. Hope y'all are having a wonderful Memorial Day.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weasley you are so freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed I haven't followed your blog. No wonder I couldn't find any updates about you guys. LOL.

    Weasley, you went on an outing. I'm hoping to take Chooey out too, but we haven't started with out shots because of the hectic schedule at home.

    The taxi looks lovely!

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Weasley on your outing! Looks like you had a blast even though it started raining. We love that taxi toy. You are right, you are worth every penny for that toy. Also that biscuit store looked delish!!! :) Happy Monday!
    ~Weinerful Gang~

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is such a job to be a puppy. All those new people and rules to follow and being that cute is so hard. But you'll get there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Weasley -Sounds like you had an awesome adventure. I actually got to go to Manhattan for the first time, too, a little over a week ago. It was SO COOL! There were food places EVERYWHERE (although mom and dad didn't let me sample a pizza slice - maybe next time). Your little travel bag looks nice and cozy and I'm glad your 'rents took you to a pet store. Love that new taxi toy! Sounds like you are officially an URBAN hound now! :)

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete