Thursday, April 26, 2012

Poem in Your Pocket Day

Today is Poem in Your Pocket Day and so we are sharing a poem from the adorable book Doggerel: Poems About Dogs:

My Comforter
(Anonymous) 

The world had gone all wrong that day
And tired and in despair, 
Discouraged with the ways of life,
I sank into my chair.

A soft caress fell on my cheek,
My hands where thrust apart,
And two big sympathizing eyes
Gazed down into my heart.

I  had a friend; what cared I now
For fifty worlds? I knew
One heart was anxious when I grieved---
My dog's heart, loyal, true.

"God bless him," breathed I soft and low,
And hugged him close and tight.
One lingering lick upon my ear 
And we were happy---quite.


10 comments:

  1. That poem is so beautiful and so true!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that poem. It is beautiful and so true! What a great picture to accompany it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true that is, many thanks for sharing the poem (and the wonderful comments on the loss of Payton)!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem and great photo! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure look happy with all your comforters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful beautiful poem . It was just perfect!
    And I love the photo!
    Love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful poem. And so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww thats a beautiful poem and a wonderful photo of you all, you look like a nice happy family! Love, Licks and Hugs from your Friend Frank xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete