Monday, February 4, 2013

Hyper Pet Doggie Bag Product Review

We got a cool gift for Christmas, the Hyper Pet Doggie Bag.  When mom hear the name and saw the cute retro style dog 


on the front she had to get it for us.

The Hyper Pet Bag is motion activated.  It has a ball inside that hops, jumps, and wiggles while making barking, yelping, and panting sounds.  It uses 3 AAA batteries and requires some assembly with a screwdriver.   







 Pros:
  • The toy is cute, not a big pro but I like its design.
  • Dogs that like toys that bark or jump will love this.
  • Its held up better then other motion activated toys we have ordered like the Bumble Ball which broke immediately.
  • The assembly was easy compared to other motion activated toys I have purchased.
Cons:
  • The bag is very flimsily constructed and wont hold up to any tugging, the few times Bob has really tugged at it I had to take it away to prevent ripping.
  • Due the flimsy construction of the bag and its size I definitely think this is best for small dogs and dogs that are not major chewers.
  • This toy requires supervision to make sure the dog doesn't bite through the bag and into t he plastic ball inside.
  • My own dogs dont seem to be too crazy about it, Tubby Norbert and Ping want nothing to do with it.  Bob and Weasley play with it a bit but seem to generally prefer quite toys.
Here is a video of Weasley playing with the bag (and Norbert and Tubby ignoring it):

 The Hyper Pet Doggie Bag retails for about $19.99 and is now available on doggy loot for $18.  If you have a pet that likes this kind of toy it will probably be a wise purchase and I don't regret buying ours though I wont replace it if it breaks.

Oh and guess what tomorrow our friend Pip and his nurse Puddles are coming over for a cooking lesson 

17 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Interesting it HOPS ... I never had a battery operated toy. Happy MM. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id kill that in 5 mins then, I like the idea of it but I am a chewer :) Have a wonderful Monday xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH That Hyper Pet Bag toy looks like a lot of fun for other dogs, but myself I think that I would be scared of it!!
    Love, Licks and Hugs from your furiend Frank xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are looking forward to tomorrow. Pawsome! Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks cute, but I think brown dawgs would destroy it in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun, but Torrey would have it open in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting - I never heard of that toy!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta might like that toy, the other two not so much.
    Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't see that working well with my guys. They'd destroy it in a nano second.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't get fooled. Ira a monster
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, I would love to see Bridget and Elliot's reaction to that - Dip would just be like meh....
    Brilliant toy.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting, but I think Scarlet would prefer the traditional stuffies since she's mostly sleeping on them

    ♥♥♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think yuki and rocket would go crazy with this toy, but they'd probably drive me crazy with the obsession they'd form over it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, Sherman would be terrified of that toy, but Leroy would probably love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Weasley and the U.H. gang -
    My dad said that that toy would have been perfect for the first Brooklyn apartment we lived in. It would have driven the annoying downstairs neighbors bonkers! Ha ha.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Norbert's expression.

    Bella & Sweet Pea

    ReplyDelete