Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Meat and Potato Balls



Yesterday, mom made the Pioneer Woman's potato skins, and that left her with lots of potato filling and nothing in particular to use it for, so she knew she had to figure out how to  make it into treats for us.  With the addition of some ground beef and canned tomato we got a tasty meat and potato treat that we really enjoyed:

 Meat and Potato Balls

3 cups cooked mashed white potatoes (or you could use sweet potatoes)
8 ounces, 1 cup, cooked ground beef, drained
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup brown rice flour (or all purpose flour)
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 eggs, beaten

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well mixed.  Drop by generous spoon fulls onto the lined cookie sheets and bake one hour.  Serve to a meat and potato loving dog:



With these ingredients there is something 1950s about these treats and it got mom thinking about her favorite MST3k short, A Date With Your Family: watch and enjoy


Today is our pal Pip's birthday (and his human sister's birthday) make sure you drop by to wish them a special day.

21 comments:

  1. I should know better than to read this blog on an empty stomach - your mom can become head chef at our home any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love meat and potatos....but how do I get Mom to fix it for me??? Guess I better start cookin' fur myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great mom. I might actually try these treats for Sampson and Delilah. I'm a very lazy baker when it comes to treats for the dogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooph! I know a certain potato loving pug who might like these!

    ♥♥♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmm Yummmm. I am a meat and potato loving dog. Can I have some?
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deeee-licious! Who wouldn't love this recipe?!? I have to try them!
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look amazing! Even for human consumption. Your dogs are lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy but peeps is a spud fiend so it would have all be eaten. Drats. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, they look totally yummy!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x
    wait - they're for dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks extra delicious, yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum Yum, I get to lick the spoon when Mom makes Mashed potato, it's so wonderful..Have a happy meat ball Tuesday xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That mom of yours is clever in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woof! Woof! We like this recipe ... going to try it. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Treats, an adorable picture of Bob and MST3k...doesn't get much better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felix is sending me straight to the kitchen to try this out. He adores potatoes and he's always looking for new ways to have me cook them. (Might I add they look lovely in that photo?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound great! Woofs from Jeffie, Rudy and Rosie who think I should head to the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete