Sunday, January 6, 2013

Simple Projects-Easy Denim Tug Toy

This is definitely not a new idea and plenty of bloggers have probably already made this toy, but its very easy and dogs really do love it.

All you need is a scissors and a pair of old jeans


Cut five strips from the jeans legs, 3 long and two short.  IF your jeans are for a short person lie me then make sure you cut the whole leg for the long strips or they wont be long enough.  

Put the three long strips together and use a short strip to tie it off very tightly:


Braid the long strips tightly and tie off with the second short strip.    Five minute tug toy:





Now have fun.  



























13 comments:

  1. now that is a great idea! You obviously like you new toy too
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the toy looks so much fun and very easy to make!
    I wonder if my kitties are interested...gotta try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a good idea to make the tug toy from denim, so hard wearing.
    You look like you are having lots of fun there :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Dip-Dip. A great way of recycling. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've make them in extra fleece scraps, but never jeans. I'll have to try it! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen that before but what a great idea. I have a pair of old torn jeans lying about too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got loads of old jeans.I will need them as I reckon she will chew that up in 5 mins..lol xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks easy and fun! Love to reuse/recycle/repurpose too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the kind comments on our blog. Following you now!

    BTW: Great idea!

    Yours,

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great idea! I bet if I sprinkled a little cat nip on it, my feline siblings might like it, too!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's genius! And mummy has an old pair of jeans too...

    ReplyDelete