Sunday, January 13, 2013

What The Well Dressed Pug is Wearing (Cafe Press Shirts)

Weasley Here:





Mom has written before about how much she LOVES Cafe Press dog t-shirts.   Whatever your obscure interests you can get a comfortable dog shirt that declares them to the world.  Mom has ordered us Star Trek shirts, X Files Shirts, Twin Peaks shirts, PG Wodehouse shirts, Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy shirts and so on.  Oone of the best things about Cafe Press is when you order from them they send you discount coupons, sometimes for as much as 50% off!, so its easy to get a massive t-shirt wardrobe on a budget.  Plus cafe press shirts fit pugs wide necks very well and come in a big range of sizes, the x large fits our bulldog brother Bob at 65 lbs very generously.  

Yesterday, I rocked a Cafe Press shirt that read Deep 13, a reference to Mystery Science Theatre 3000, one of mom and dad's all time favorite shows.   I looked so cool and ready to attract the attention of fellow in the know fans, MST3K is number 19 on Entertainment Weekly's 25 Best Cult Shows of All Time. They said it made "being a geek a communal experience" no wonder mom loves it (a bunch of mom's other favorite shows are on the list too: Buffy, X Files, Supernatural, and Twin Peaks, in fact mom doesn't really like any TV that isn't cult).  Anyway here are the picture of me in my shirt, I rocked it with a wrist  band from Ruff Ruff And Meow, very 80s cool and only 99 cents.   I also think the concrete car port in our back yard adds to the gritty urban reality of my photo shoot.









Here is one of our family's favorite MST3K clips (mom particularly loves the t-shirt on Frank and cafe press makes one of those for dogs too!)




(Note: The title of this post is a tribute to one of our other favorite cult figures, Bertie Wooster from the Jeeves and Wooster stories by PG Wodehouse, and the name sake of our blogger friend Bouncing Bertie, who authored the article What The Well Dressed Man is Wearing for his Aunt Dahlia's magazine).

16 comments:

  1. We loved Mystery Science Theater 3000! Thanks for the memories. Wow, and you are getting X-files tee shirts too. How cool is that!

    Wyatt and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I actually had those wristbands...and wore them! I don't know if I want to thank you for that memory or not. Weasley is totally rockin' his outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff. We need to go check it out
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weasley you are really working the camera!! Love your shirts. Mom can't believe how you and I have grown up so much already. It's soo cold here that Mom ordered us some pug snuggly coats.

    hugs,
    Greta
    Bailey & Hazel too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do look very dapper in your shirt. I don't really like wearing shirts. My Mommy wishes that I did, cause there are so many cute ones. I love yours.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weasley, you look so adorable in your shirt, very man about town!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weasley you work it like a pro. You should be a paid model pal. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love your new shirt Weasley and we agree with Molly :) Wow you do have a full wardrobe..BOL Have a funtaztic Monday xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You did rock in that photo shoot Weasley! I really think the wrist band made it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh! i didnt know you could get dog shirts on cafe press! this could be DANGEROUS. My girls need some nerdy shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so adorable in those tee shirts. Every time we look at you- we just want to kiss you!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute:-)
    I have something for you on my bloggy:-) http://wp.me/p2h87n-C1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are they the same as the American Apparel tees?
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello ,
    You like the PETS !!! (PUG)
    Let me show my beautiful creations of decorative mailboxes!
    Models : dogs, cats, horses, farm animals, wild animals, birds, vehicles, fish, snoopy.

    Be the first to own one of these very unique mailboxes!
    “ … This mailboxes will do turn the heads of the passers-by”.

    Web site : http://pages.globetrotter.net/miche/mailboxes.html

    ReplyDelete