Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Words from Weasley and Some Knitting Patterns

Weasley here:   Mom wants everyone to know that in our Wordless Wednesday post where I was pictured starkers in the snow

 my nakedness was of my own doing.  I had been warmly ensconced in my Pug Snuggly coat  but then I ran about with such vigor that my coat feel off and I would not stay still for mom to put it on me again.  Anyway, the walk was cut short because Norbert got salt in his paw and we had to go home.


Now mom wants to share some simple knitting patterns from the net so please discontinue reading if you are board by talk of knitting.   The first is The Just in Time Neck Cozy



Purl  Bee recommends a staggeringly expensive yarn, really that money could be used to buy treats and toys!, but mom used Lion Brand Jiffy Thick and Quick which is acceptably low cost.  This project only took mom an hour and a half and she is a slow knitter.  She made a few for friends too.

The second scarf is the The Fisherman's Rib Cowl

Fisherman's rib is a nice easy stitch pattern that is a little different but not hard.

This cowl too mom a bit more time, about two weeks on and off and used one skein of Rowanspun Aran yarn.   She made a few mistakes too but decided to wear it anyway. 

The last project is the Vine Lace Baby Hat which mom made for our dad's new baby niece.

Mom thinks she made some mistakes in this too, but thinks it looks acceptable.   It used less then one skein of Lion Brand Organic Cotton.

We are pretty bored by the knitting and definitely think its time for mom to make something for us, dog sweaters perhaps?  Or maybe some knitted toys.

(Note: We have scheduled Weasley's neuter for next Thursday, February 8th and I am already feeling a little nervous about the anesthesia since I am super paranoid in general so send us some positive vibes)

15 comments:

  1. We are glad you were naked by your own doing. Great job making those knitting stuffs. Very talented!
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. We figured something like that had happened...i got out of my coat today twice when we went to see the eye doctor...
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweet momma is full of da talents. :) Our mom really likes all of dems. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    PeeS Thanks fur comin' to my pawty today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe The Just In Time Neck Cozy only took an hour & a half to make! That is amazing. I love your whole look in that picture. You have made some beautiful things. I'll be thinking of Weasley and Freedom, Casper & Nikki will have crossed paws until he's done and recovered from his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pugs have really thick fur so we don't think you were too cold Weasley.
    Love the cowls, Mum made one and has worn it a few times with her cardigan to keep her neck warm, they also look really nice as an accessory.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are sure coat or no coat, Weasley you had fun. Yikes salt in the paws is not good. Bet mum had to rush home to do some paw cleaning. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom knits veey beautifully! Dog sweaters are good idea :-)
    I am with you about anesthesia. I get very nervous... We are sending purrs and positive thoughts for Weasley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Weasley! I'm with you - I like "airing out" in the brisk weather, too. It's a good way to wake up in the morning. Plus it makes getting back inside the warmth all that much better.

    Good luck with your upcoming surgery - I'm sure you'll do fine! It's just something we dudes have to go through - I did it, your brothers all did it. Nevertheless, I'll send some positive juju your way.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will be thinking about you next week for sure, but we know you'll be just fine!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending all the vibes in the world, he will be just fine. We always worry about our little babies and get all nervous..Wait till the day, get ya knitting out to keep ya busy :)I havent's got a hope in hell'z of making dat scarf, has you got a pattern where you knit one, drop 2 knit 3 drop 4..BOL xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing but positive energy headed your way.

    And tell your mom she did great on that baby hat - any little girl would look lovely in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to be naked tooo- sometimes.. but sometimes not!
    You look so cute all naked.
    I think your mom has talented fingers to make such pretty things.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  13. we're sending him some good vibes! i get really nervous when i have to put one of mine under too. he'll be fine!
    and great job with all the knitting! I've tried to learn it but i am hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated WW - nice knits! Our Mom is going to have to check out that cowl pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sending positive vibes!! I'm a nervous Nellie with that too.

    The knitting, oh my sister can knit the most beautiful cowl neck scarfs that slip over your head but not me. I tried and tried and eventually I got really good about throwing the whole thing across the room screaming, "I can't do this!" :-) Good for you that you can follow a pattern. :-0

    ReplyDelete