Actual bees- not cool at all.
Today, we drove up to see my mom in upstate New York and brought Weasley and Norbert along for the 3 hour drive, we planned to have a short lunchtime and then head back home.
We hadn't been at my mom's house longer then five minutes when a wasp that had built a nest in the door stung little Weasley. Almost immediately his muzzle started swelling up and I knew it was a bad sign. Tubby had an allergic reaction to vaccines as a puppy and swelled up in the same fashion.
I was immediately in a panic because we had no benadryl with us, and because any dog related emergencies send me into panic. We drove to the nearest store (half an hour away) and had to shove a Benadryl down Weasley's throat. Thankfully, the swelling almost immediately started to go down. To be safe we decided to bring Weasley to a local vet just to be sure. A side trip that took an hour since we couldn't find any local vet clinics that where open on Saturdays. Once at the hospital we were charged 75 dollars (a bargain by NYC standards) and the vet pronounced Weasley safe but declared that he is indeed allergic to bees and was saved by the Benadryl we gave him. She cautioned us to never go anywhere without Benadryl in the future. She then pinched Weasley's puppy fat and declared him--overweight! How could a five month old puppy be overweight!
|Who are you calling fat! I'm cobby!|