Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Mischief-Norbert's Tenth B-Day Blast






Norbert here: Ten is a big mile stone worthy of a big fun filled weekend.   However, I've always been a simple hound of simple tastes.  My birthday weekend started with a nice grooming at Canis Minor Jersey City and a walk with mom and dad, this was early in the morning before it reached an infernal 99 degrees, requiring me to spend the rest of the day inside in the AC.

When it had cooled down a bit mom and dad brought me outside to investigate my birthday gifts.



  This year my gifts seemed to have a sci-fi theme and they definitely met with my approval.

I got a knitted alien dog toy from the Kenana Knitters, these great knitted toys are made by women in Kenya who gain a lively hood, medical care, and education for themselves and their families through the sale of their merchandise.  You can buy these knitted toys at my favorite online store Olive Green Dog. 
  
Then I got a super cool space alien dog collar and leash from Day Dog Designs
   and mom says I am getting a tag to go with my new collar from Fetching Tags but it hasn't arrived yet.   I also got a giant bone cookie from Zoomies NYC.


Mom made me a special fruit and ice cream birthday cake:





most exciting of all the recipe is going to be featured on Tuesday, July 10 at Kol's Notes, one of the absolute coolest blogs out there.  To quote our friend Kolchack it will be "woofing awesome."


Since my exact birth date is unknown my celebration continued on Sunday with a long walk in Hoboken, Weasley tagged along.









We stopped  by the Bagel Smashery and mom and dad got me a smashed plain bagel with cheese.  I was feeling so generous from all my birthday fun I even shared it with all of my canine siblings!




I would have shared it with the cats too but they don't seem to enjoy cheese bagels, so in honor of my big day I had mom slip them some extra freeze dried chicken bits.


Hope your weekend was as awesome as mine!

16 comments:

  1. Oh NOrbert, what a beautiful birthday weekend you've had, you deserve to be spoilt, you really do, but so kind of you too to share your goodies too.
    We like the look of that delicious cake, we'll be following this we think for Susie-Belle's first year anniversary coming up in August. And cheesey bagels, yummy yum, SusieB is salivating at those, I'll have to see if we can rustle up something similar for her to enjoy, thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norbert we are so glad you had a good weekend. Have a happy Monday!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norbert, your birthday celebration looks like it was great! I love your alien presents. I do have to say, you don't look a day over 5 though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! What a great day. Even the aliens were there
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norbert, I'm so happy you had a fun birthday weekend. You look great in the birthday hat and I know the collar will be perfect on you. Your mom treats you right!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 10th birthday, Norbert!! What a great weekend you had! Your presents look lots of fun - I love sci-fi theme :-)
    Kitties got extra snack, too. Yay, everyone is happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Norbert Happy 10th Birthday! You are very handsome and big! It looks like you had a great day..I really liked your birthday cake, I am suggesting to mom she make me one on my gotcha day next month....your knitted toy is kool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Norbert!
    Wow,you had an amazing 10th barkday! I'm so glad it was filled with fun toys (love that neat stuffie) and delish treats (ice cream is yummy)too. You look so great in your party hat! :)
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sci-fi theme - very cool! Sounds like you had a super duper doggy birthday! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Y'all!

    Happy Birthday Norbert!

    What would a birthday be unless you made it a party by sharing!

    Y'all come back now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Norbert- Happy Birthday!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm....wow did you really eat all that fruit? Happy birthday buddy-bee--you sure do look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry we are late, but happy birthday, Norbert! How awesome was that cake? We love fruit, too, and that looks simply delicious!
    Very nice of you to share with your siblings. We do it, but we don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Norbert looks like such a happy birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 10th Birthday Norbert!! Wow, what an awesome day you had Food, Toys, Walk, Food sounds like a perfect day for the birthday boy.

    I have to say your sure don't look 10. Maybe it's the cute hat and bandana that brings out the puppy in you ;)

    Emma

    ReplyDelete